Monday, October 22, 2007

Cause meets Effect

I agree that research methods need to emphasize prevention in new cancer cases in Texas, but at the same time I understand the immediacy mentality of those effected by cancer in this very moment. Having breast cancer in my family, I have always jumped to the mind frame that we need to find this cure and treatment for it fast. While this should of course be done today, we also need to take the extra step in prevention. To fix a problem you not only need to change it but also make sure that it does not occur again. I feel that when environmental issues are brought up about any subject matter, the government has yet to take this issue seriously. It is almost as if the environment is viewed as an uncontrollable factor and that something we cannot fix immediately is a waste of time. People have lost patience in not receiving immediate results for their efforts. While it is nice to see the physical positive results of walking for the cure or wearing the yellow bracelet, many need to realize that prevention can be just as effective even though we cannot physically see it. So let's step up and not pull a Lance and not partner with a contributor of cancer, such as tobacco. Adding to the cause diminishes the present effects and advances made thus far in cancer research.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.