Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An Apple a Day Does Not Keep The Angry Away...

While I would like to say "told you so" as I did not fall victim to the recent $200 slap in the face done by Apple, I will grunt my face with the rest in having disappointment. I guess the hate mails could be expected from a dazed, insomniac, technology-driven population who had recently waited hours on concrete to then have their self glory "are you jealous" attitudes stripped from them by the patient "not so cool" ones. Why not wait a couple of months seems to be the reasonable question in response to Apple dropping prices so quickly because I very seriously doubt they had competition from the latest Samsung model and needed to meet competitors prices. I will say that the response from Apple was better than the silence from our favorite football team, but I do hope a $100 heals broken hearts. I think this move was of course not an act of stewardship...Apple showed us their true feelings by initial actions. Money has a lasting impact on the brain and I have a feeling that this one is not going to go under the rug when the next product comes out, it will only be throwing salt on the wound when the first weeks sales are drastically cut by a more "patient" crowd.

No comments: